Thursday, October 2, 2014

a peek into our world...

Also known as a classroom tour :) Here is a little peek into the space me and my kiddos share for 6 hours every day!

To start with, I am so proud of these rules that my kiddos came up with on their own this year.  We spent some time on the first day of school discussing rules and expectations.  Then we brainstormed and voted on the most important rules.  I think they hit the nail on the head and came up with some great ones! 

Throughout the year, my kiddos choose writing they are proud of to display on our All-Star wall.  (You may notice a blue-ish tint over most of my pictures.  We have light covers to help make our fluorescent lights less harsh. I love them! But they make photos come out a little strange.)  

My students each have a book box that holds their Read to Self books, journals, Playbook and more.  The cubbies underneath hold our classroom supplies and their personal cubbies on the other side. 

Classroom library! My kiddos love this little space :) 

My table/desk/center area. I got rid of my teacher desk last year and use this as my home base.  

This is our carpet area where we meet for community circle every morning plus calendar, reading and more! 

Our break area.  This gets visited OFTEN for students who need a little time to themselves to calm down, refocus or get some jitters out. 

Computers and work job drawers. 

When you put all those little pieces together, this is what our room looks like as a whole! Nothing special, but it me and my kiddos' safe little place to learn :) (Oh yeah, we sit on balls! None of those uncomfortable plastic chairs for us...most of the time!) 




Thanks for stopping by! 







No comments:

Post a Comment